Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Elder D 11/27/12 - Russell M Nelson visits the Stake

Goooooooood Affteeeerrrrrrnnnoooooon Kennewick!
This is Elder DeCoursy coming at you from the Great Columbus Ohio Mission! Calling in to say that Elder Maughan was sick all last week and I got a good case of the cabin fever.

Have I told you about stake conference? If so, I'll tell you anyway. Elder Russell M. Nelson of the Twelve Apostles, was there and I got to shake his hand and talk to him. We introduced him to our investigator. It was wonderful! He bagan his talk by asking all the primary age children to stand and sing "I'm a child of God". He sang with them! It was incredible! i think because of his talk on member missionary work and temple work, the Dayton East Zone will be on fire with baptisms and activity. Me and my elder got a lot of work to do. 

I spent thanksgiving with the Davis Family, who made me miss home for a bit because we talked a lot about the new Xbox coming out next year (yes I know about that) and about Halo 4. But Puerto Rican turkey is the best turkey EVER! 

At church yesterday, we got to know a lot of the members. I think the ward loves us now because we have a lot more dinners than before. Also, at church, there were 2 of our investigators there. We didn't even know they were going to be there! And the Sacrament talks were about families! How awesome is that!?
That's about it. I love you all. Write me some letters soon.
Love, Elder Ephraim Kade DeCoursey

No comments:

Post a Comment