Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Sister D 1.14.13- Meeting the "holy Spirit??!!"

Hello to all,

Happy late Birthday to Blake and Uncle Paul and Happy early Birthday to Aunt Amanda and Grandpa Brown. Love you all and hope you have/had a great day.

I received letters from Grandma Brown, Christin Werner, Ma, Ashley Nielsen, and Elder Quam. My email day is today but I won't be able to write letters until Thursday because that is our p day this week. Our district is going to the temple and so we have to move our p day to that day. P day's are the busiest day ever. Little did I know that I would have so much random stuff to do to get myself ready for the next week. So I'm shooting for responding to all those letters Thursday.

Funny Story:

We were in an apartment building looking for a lady who had talked to missionaries in the past. We knocked on her door and no one was home so we went to the neighbors to ask if she still lived there. When we knocked on the neighbors door, the gal inside took one look at us and said, oh you want apt. 217. and then shut the door. I couldn't help but think, "this is not a place that we want to go" but my companion was determined so off we went. As we knocked on this new door, a larger half naked gentleman opened the door wearing pants and a HUGE golden cross on his chest. He looked VERY excited to see us, "Do you believth?" he asked. I had no idea that he was talking about so we told him that we believe in Jesus Christ as our Savior and Reedemer. To which he responded well but then he said, "what do you think about same sex marriage?" (interesting next question) We started to tell him about how we believe marriage is between a man and a woman but that being gay doesn't make us act different towards anyone else. He responded, "Well, I believe in Man, Woman, Child, Baptism and that's all I believe. I am the Holy Spirit. It was quite a treat that you should be able to see me because I am usually not in my physical form." To say we left quickly is an understatment.

We are teaching this great sister named Elizabeth. She was in our area book as an old potential from a few years back. All that the form said about her was that she was Catholic. So we were in her area and we figured we would give her a try. We were able to have a great discussion with her on her doorstep, set up a better time to reach her and then left her with a prayer. When we met up for our lesson the next week, she wanted to know how we knew that she was in trouble and how come we turned up at her house that night. We then went on to tell her that we didn't know that her needed help but God knew. She is so sweet and we have been teaching her about the plan of Salvation and how it can help her find purpose in her life. I feel so blessed to be used as an instrument in the Lord's hands to bringing comfort to one of his daughters. We are meeting with her tonight and I can't wait.

Love you all

Sister D

No comments:

Post a Comment