Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Elder D 2.13.13 Baptism of Duane S

Hi Friends and Family, It was a great week. I got to baptize Duane S..... on last Saturday.  It was a great experience.  I will write you more this week about it.  I don't have much time to email many details.  We have been so busy.


I will find out tonight if I am going to be transfered next Monday.  I will write you next week and let you know if I am still here.  I am glad I will be here this next weekend, Jane Cr.... will be baptized this weekend and I will be able to see that.  She was found by tracting.  She is the Golden Investigator you alway hear about.  Whatever concerns she has had she has resolved them before the next week's lesson.  She has adopted all 3 of us as her grandsons. 
The 22nd Jane and Andrew will be baptized.  They are Katie W...'s children.  Katie W was baptized on Dec. 29th 2012.  Our first baptism in this area for over 18 months.  We have a lot of fun teaching them. 

I feel my confidence growing in leaps and bounds.  Recently, while I was pondering stuff, I realized that missionaries are Christ's elite in the amry against satan.  We defect him everyday day doing the Lord's work.  As I pray and study the scriptures, I sharpen my sword and prepare my armor before going out into the battlefield.  Our family motto, putting on the Whole Armor of God, has never been more helpful and clearer than now.  In my studies, Isaiah talks about a "cloak of zeal" & "garments of vengence".  Isaiah 58:16-19.  My understanding of it is that a captain of ancient armies wore cloaks & special armor to show their rank. And what is it that captains do? They rally their army & encourage & raise up those who are ready to join their Lord's army.  As a missionary, I and my fellow elders are the Lord's captains of His army.  Each person we "rally" to repentance makes us stronger and this comforts me each day.  At each dinner appointment, I share our message on the Armor of God, and the importance it plays in my family.  I am very happy that we had this scriptures as a family motto and had the opportunity to share it with other families. 

I love you all.  Dad, thank you for the example you've been for me.  I thank you for all the work that you've brought me along with you.  I thank you for all that you have done to help me be where i am today. 

I must go now. I have work to do,
Love Elder Ephraim Kade DeCoursey

No comments:

Post a Comment