Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Letter from home 2.18.13

Hello my missionaries,
I've missed hearing from you this week as I'm sure you have missed hearing from me. I did not want to send anything until I knew where you were staying now.

I have a v day bit of something to send you once I hear from you. If I don't hear from you I'll send it to the home office and they can forward it.

Dad and I went to the Elder's quorum prom this weekend and had a great time. You will see Mike Hillman dressed up as cupid. Yes he is a but crazy. This is a body suit that is all mussels.  He wore it at halloween, he was a body builder.  At the end of the night he does take off his wings and "diaper" and streak thru the gym naked. Well the suit is on, but nothing else.  It was so funny. Marissa, his wife was out of town and he came by himself so no one was controlling him, you could say. We went with seven other couples in a stretched hummer limo to dinner and back to the church. We had so much fun, your dad danced and smiled. I really had so much fun.

Landon was recognized for his 3.6 GPA those week.  He gave out a Book of Mormon at school on Thursday.  He and Dallin went to the temple on Thursday morning before school, this was Landon's first time, they get up at 4am to make it there in time.  Landon wore his suit to school and that generated a lot of questions from his friends.  He was able to talk to them about things pretty easy.  He answered all their questions and was able to use Pres. Pedersen's Restoration of the Gospel lesson, that we have been studing.  So it came in really handy. 
Dallin had his first temple prep class yesterday. He is doing well.  He has been really trying to get to a better "place".  He fasted over 24 hours this week and has gone three weeks in a roll to the Thursday morning temple baptisms sessions.  He is studying and praying more and we can see a difference in his whole person.  I am really proud of him trying to become better.  We all fail and have to start again, but starting again is not ever a problem, it is when we feel we can not try that we get lost. 

Today the office is closed. Maybe you won't be able to email home because the libraries are closed. Boy, that will be sad if you can not send an email.   I'll watch to see if you are on email as much as I can, not being in front of my computer will be a bit harder to watch.
Lots of love.
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment