Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Sister D 2.18.13 "His whole countenance changed"

Home,

Wow, you and dad look so happy in all those pictures. But Dad, your facial hair.... is interesting....? I'm not quite sure to respond to that. But you both look like you had a great time so that's awesome. Louie looks happy as always and keep up the good work both of you boys. I'm sure you will do great in school. Yay passing high school!

Anyways, I have been moved to Dinkytown and it is seriously the best. I have loved being around all of the student here. We go out "contacting" everyday. Which is pretty much just us walking around talking to whoever will talk with us. It has been really interesting learning about others religions and seeing how that faith has helped them in their lives. It has strengthened my faith to know that God has once again but on this earth His church. I have seen many people find so much joy in this gospel that it only makes sense that we would want to share it with everyone that is around us so that they can have that same thing too.

We are teaching quite a few people. Two of them are getting
baptized on March 2nd! Chedan is from India and has the most amazing faith. He is getting his PhD in Computer Science. All of our meetings with him are so great. Mostly because he asks such interesting deep questions that make it a joy to help him find the complete truth. For example, he asked us "why did Jesus have to suffer so much and why did he have to leave us?" These were asked with such sincere intent that the Spirit flooded the room. We were able to share with him the Plan of Salvation and how through Christ's suffering or Atonement he was able to understand everything that we go through. We shared Alma 7 with him and his whole countenance changed. He told us that he has been puzzled over those questions for years and has asked many different churches but no one has told him why until he asked us. He is basically awesome.

Wei is 18 and is from China. She has had experiences with Christian churches before but never our church. She has taught me so much about the lessons that we have to teach her. She is able to come up with answers that make it seem like she has been a member her whole life. I can't really think of an example...just take my word for it.

I'm not planning on being here in Dinkytown after this transfer is over. So, I'm making the most of the time that I have here. So far, it has been a breath of fresh air and I love my new companion. She is from North Carolina and is super great. Her name is Sister Morgan. She has been in Dinkytown for the last six months. Like I said, I'm not planning on staying here which means I will have to pack up my stuff again. :(

Happy Late B-day to Grandma Brown and Aunt Tracy! Love you both!

Love from the slightly frozen,

Sister D

No comments:

Post a Comment