Monday, March 18, 2013

Elder D 3.18.13 "Keep Knocking"

Dear Friends and Family,
I wish I could say that this past week has been very successful but sadly I cannot. It was a hard week. We had found many potentials, but one by one our appointments fell through. No one was home for the return appointment or they were home but completely ignored us. We still have a few names to visit but the work is hard here in Darke County. This really is a trial of my faith. Prayer has been a big help for me. It gives me the courage to keep moving forward. To keep walking. To keep knocking. To continue to find that child of God that I was sent here to find. And I wont quit. No matter what Satan throws at me, I will never quit.
I have recently discovered that now I can email my friends along with my family now. If anyone wants to keep in touch with me, PLEASE send me your email address Because I want to keep in touch with you too.
I've learned several new recipes that are super simple and really cheap to make. The Queso-Hot Dog, wich is a quesodilla wrapped around a hot dog in the bun smothered in BBQ sauce. It is so good and very filling. The other is a Tongan Sandwich. This delicious meal is made with toast, Mayonnaise, 1 egg over easy, and Top Ramon. O my goodness it is so good!!!
On Thursday a member of the Quorum of the 70 came to the mission and spoke to us on to concept of "being Saved". Many members of the Church hesitate when asked this question because it seems rather complicated. But it is so simple! We are saved from physical death because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. And we are saved from spiritual death because of the Atonement but only if we put forth the effort to do so. I would write more on the subject but I believe a better and better educated explanation is done by Elder Dallin H. Oaks. I can't remember what talk it was but this talk has changed my whole perspective on this work.
And that's all. Your awesome. Your amazing. I love each and every single one of you.
Love, Elder Ephraim Kade DeCoursey

No comments:

Post a Comment